Established custom cabinetry and architectural millwork company in Mt. Clemens, MI is looking to hire an experienced wood finisher. Our ideal candidate would bring a range of experience with custom wood finishing including, dyes, stains, glazes, catalyzed finishes and paints. Must be able to read and interpret prints and work orders. Successful candidates will be competent with most finishing tools and techniques.
- Smoothing wood surface using sandpaper, scrapers and sanding machines
- Apply primers, sealers, stain and varnish
- Cover surfaces with drop clothes and masking tape
- Polish final coats
- Interpret work orders as they come in
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
- Work with or remove hazardous material.
Candidate should also reflect the team characteristics below:
• Be trustworthy and honest
• Have a Positive Attitude.
• Demonstrate passion for detail and accuracy
• Very organized
• Look out for the greater good of the company
• Enjoy a professional work environment
• Demonstrate Personal Accountability
• Enjoy being an active part of a dynamic company
NOTE: All resumes submitted will be reviewed, but only qualified candidates will receive a response