Since 1912, Gardner-White has been setting the standard in quality, value and service when it comes to finding, delivering and exceeding our customer's expectations through our commitment to providing an experience that makes, not only our customer’s and members of the Gardner-White team feel like family.
It’s this feeling of family that has allowed Gardner-White to continue growing and expand its reach across Metro Detroit. With just over 400 employees and 9 locations and an average tenure of 20 years, Gardner-White has a stellar reputation for providing extensive training and mentoring from one of the industry leading experts with over 45 years of experience in the furniture industry, as well as mentoring and career progression planning.
If the team is successful, we ALL are successful! This is what has kept Gardner-White as one of the leading furniture retailers in Detroit, and why people want to be part of our family. Success!
Are you? Energetic, love working with people, and wanting to be part of an organization where you can make a difference; have the potential to learn about an industry where you can truly become an expert and grow your career as well as increase your earning potential based on what YOU are able to accomplish within a team?
Then we want to talk with YOU!
- Safely deliver, install, and put together furniture in customer's home
- Excellent communication and people skills
- MUST be able to drive a Straight Truck
- Class B CDL license or Chauffeur's License
- MUST clean up delivery area after successful delivery and install of furniture at the customer's home
- Keep vehicle clean and properly maintained at all times
- Follow all safety procedures when loading and unloading furniture
- Verify delivery and install exceeds expectations of the customer - includes loading and unloading of truck
- MUST be able to lift up to 120 pounds on a daily basis
- MUST be at least 18 years of age
- Required to take a background check and drug test
- MUST have a clean driving record and have a valid MI state driver's license
- Minimum of 2 years of driving and delivery experience
- MUST be willing to work 10 hour days (depending on business needs/peak season)
Please Note: Gardner-White operates 7 days a week and our drivers work both day and night shift, please only apply only if you are willing and able to work either the day or night shift.
- Exceptional Benefits Plan including medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) - eligible after 1 year of employment
- Merchandise Discounts
- PTO, Vacation and Sick time in your first year!
- Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Opportunities for growth
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Class B CDL or Chauffeurs License
- High school or equivalent