Job Description: Client in Redford seeking skilled Machinist to produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials and specifications.
- For material not supplied, plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available and anticipating needed stock.
- Programs vertical mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs. Also, using GibbsCam software to create 2D and 3D cutter paths.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Job Type: Evaluation Hire/Direct Hire, Long Term, Permanent
Shift: First Shift, 7:00 AM-3:30 PM (possible overtime)
Pay Rate: Based on experience