Repairs and maintains CNC, Manual, Lathes & Mills machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble. Also by using technical equipment such as Vibration Analysis.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
• Understanding, knowledge and the ability to repair hydraulic systems.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs and replaces defective parts.
• Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starts devices to test their performance. Ball Bar testing/Thermal Imaging.
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
• Repairs electrical equipment. Able to download programs and check working parameters in the machines.
Federal Journeyman License.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED; two years related experience and or training or equivalent combination education and/or experience. Four year apprenticeship program and hours completed for a Federal License.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of database software, inventory software and spreadsheet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Federal - Journeyman license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.