The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Part Time Clinician in our Crisis Care Center Program.
This position will be responsible for some the following:
• Monitor overall service plan implementation, making recommendation for services, level of care and discharge as needed.
• Using a Family Centered Planning model; coordinate and monitor delivery of services and implementation of behaviorally specific treatment goals and objectives for assigned clients including the assessment, treatment, coordination of referral for additional coordination of services.
• Complete case documentation and maintain client case records and other reports within funding, accreditation and Agency guidelines.
• Ensure that all services meet contractual obligations and applicable billing requirements
• Maintain ongoing communication and follow up with assigned clients to facilitate treatment.
• appropriate assessment tool, such as CAFAS, PECFAS, DECA as programmatically indicated.
• Maintain clinical records, report, case notes, etc. in the appropriate electronic record systems.
• Maintain a flexible schedule in order to appropriately deliver services to meet client needs in the home, school, community or agency by working evening and weekends.
• Collaborate and maintain professional standards and conduct when interacting with clients and their families, agency staff, community resources and all others while performing job responsibilities and duties.
• Utilize the ICD-9 and DSM-IV to determine diagnosis.
• Develop a Person/Family Centered treatment plan.
Must be able to work weekdays 3:30 - midnight shift as needed
To qualify for this position you will need:
• Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
• Must have a license in the state of Michigan for the coordinating degree and maintain license throughout employment. Meet and maintain eligibility criteria to be credentialed per the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines.”
• State of Michigan Full or Limited License (LLMSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist) - Full License preferred
• CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus
• 1 year of experience engaging children and families within a framework of cultural competency
• Ability to assess, diagnose, develop treatment plans and provide crisis intervention
• Good assessment / diagnostic / treatment planning skills.