Are you a detail-oriented, timely Shredder Machine Operator ready to accelerate your career with #BataPlastics ? NOW HIRING - immediate opening for Shredder Machine Operator - Full Time, 2nd shift at our Grand Rapids, Michigan site. If you are a safety conscious individual who shows close attention to detail and wants to showcase your skills in an ideal work environment and have the opportunity for a fulfilling career, we have the opportunity for you! Join a team that is Recycling for Future Generations! #WeAreMfg #FamilyCompany
The Shredder Machine Operator is responsible for performing general labor tasks, sorting and loading scrap plastics onto conveyor belt, ensuring all contaminants are identified and removed, meeting production goals and working around heavy equipment that physically shreds plastics, safely and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sort and load scrap plastic onto conveyor belt by type, by observing plastic characteristics.
• Remove all plastic that does not meet run orders.
• Separate and stack excess large and small skids
• Separate and stack excess good and bad gaylord boxes. • Communicate with team lead about material issues
• Participate in cleaning, organizing, and sweeping production work cell, including underneath all machinery and conveyor belts, as well as forklift (hilo/hi-lo) box banding area.
• Utilize and operate hand tools such as grinders, saws-all, and basic hand tools.
• Complete all other duties as the Lead Operator and Supervisor deem necessary
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• one to three months related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, or an Aptitude and Willingness to Learn or obtain:
• -Lock-out training (provided by Bata)
• -Confined Space training (provided by Bata)
• -Hand Tool training (provided by Bata)
• -Plastics 101 (provided by Bata)
• -Basic Trouble Shooting
Call (844) JOB BATA
Why work for Bata Plastics, Inc.? • Family Owned Business • Fun & Friendly Work Environment-we like to have fun while getting the job done!
• We offer training!
Comprehensive Benefit Package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- SIMPLE IRA retirement savings opportunity
- Company paid base life insurance and Short-Term Disability