Are you an experienced diemaker looking to move off from the shop floor and interested in learning a new area of the tool and die industry?
The Estimator provides quotes by request from potential customers in a timely manner. It is essential in this position to balance between the customer's desire for the lowest price and the company's need to be profitable, while also handling data management and assisting the design department with checking designs.
· Receive customer data, evaluate and distribute to appropriate location. Process quotes; taking input from both the President and Estimating Team, determine if the request for quote is viable for Enterprise. Take first glance for any other factors that may disqualify the quote from being written. Communicate with the customer and file the request with reasons why it was passed on for quote.
· Review all data provided. Review for process needed to accomplish end product, determine size and type of material needed, and ascertain process by which the part needs to be made to establish stations that will need to be built.
· Finalize rough numbers down to actual details for quote.
· Determine material costs, hours to build die, time for delivery of the die, and evaluate staffing, capacity, complexity, etc.
· Utilize worksheet in computer system to build in pricing, pulling into consideration customer standards, Enterprise standards, tool and die market and Enterprise capabilities, providing a total cost for quote.
· Final quote information is downloaded into current tracking system, printed and saved.
· Quote Engineering Changes (EC's) in conjunction with the Project Manager to provide a viable solution.
· Participate in kick off meetings and post mortems.
· Check and process designs to Enterprise's system.
· Understand and adhere to Enterprise standards, relevant customer standards, Enterprise quality manual, and plant safety rules.
· Actively work to achieve company goals for customer satisfaction and profitability.
· Support internal processes with a positive approach, by operating as an integral part of a team.
· Any/all other tasks as assigned by manager/supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates will perform complex tasks while multitasking and adhering to work and process standards and deadlines. This position requires candidates to be self- motivated, have the ability to work without supervision and have sound time management skills.
Minimum 2-3 years experience as an Estimator in the Tool & Die industry or 6 years as a tool and die maker. Design experience working with VISI or similar design/CAD software a plus.
Compensation is negotiable based on industry/die knowledge and/or industry experience.
Must be able to demonstrate competent knowledge of blue print reading and the tool building process, inclusive of line, transfer and progressive dies. Having work experience as a die maker is helpful. Must be competent in CAD, experienced and knowledgeable with personal computers and related software especially Microsoft Excel and Word, internet utilizing FTP sites and Windows.
Must be able to work effectively with others to effectively perform routine duties and special assignments.
Attendance is paramount and key to our team culture.
Communication and Language
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Effectively present information and respond to questions from upper management, employees and customers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or schematic instructions, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in different situations