Working under general supervision the Product Engineer utilizes engineering and leadership skills and methods to develop new products and processes and provides technical support for existing products by performing established duties. This could also include:
- Leads engineering projects through product development processes.
- Analyzes research data, proposed product specifications, and/or customer drawings to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Prepares product or system layout, detailed drawings and schematics and all engineering documentation.
- Prepares cost quotations on new products, including material, labor & burden, and other costs.
- Coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype samples, tooling, or systems.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs utilizing the appropriate quality tools (APQP, CP, DFMEA, PFMEA).
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specification changes and drawing releases.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree. Advanced degree preferred with three to five years’ experience in product development.
- Demonstrated mechanical “hands-on” aptitude.
- Experience in multiple functional areas preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading products from concept to successful launch or implementation.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in relevant area of responsibility or technology.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills. Able to present data clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.