Reporting to the Director of Engineering , the CAD Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the CAD functions, and engineering design standards. For preparing 3d models, assemblies, and detailed drawings for a wide variety of standard Products, Form tools, Breakdown Tools, Check fixtures and Patterns for Our Automotive, Aerospace, Heavy-duty Truck and Rail / Specialty Business units. They will also oversee revisions of Electronic files within the PLM Document Control System. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes CAD Change Orders (CO’s & EO’s), determines work to be handled internal and outside.
- Directs in-house CAD operator(s).
- Manages outsourced CAD work, including communication with vendors, timelines, cost and quality of the work.
- Responsible for meeting the 100% on-time goal for CAD requests.
- Works with Product Engineers in developing designs and tooling standards for SolidWorks.
- Provide technical support to the engineering staff with SolidWorks.
- Coordinates the communication of tool data and files with tool vendors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upgrade of SolidWorks software.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upgrade of Catia software.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upgrade of NX/TeamCenter software.
- Responsible for the integrity, maintenance and control of engineering data in the PLM system.
- Works with IS department in enhancing the PLM system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of SolidWorks, CATIA or NX.
- Knowledge of PLM software and related experience.
- Self-directed, goal oriented and customer focused.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in the rubber or plastics industry.
- Must be willing to further education to become proficient in other CAD software as needed.
Flexfab is an equal opportunity employer, disability & veteran friendly