The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Part-Time Behavior Technician in our ASD Services Department.
This position will be responsible for some the following:
• Implement treatment protocols utilizing the methods of Applied Behavior Analysis, 1:1 with a young child with an autism diagnosis
• Collect and summarize data related to problem behaviors and skill acquisition
• Assist in the maintenance of curriculum materials (e.g., curriculum binder, data sheets, program specific stimuli, student specific materials etc)
• Satisfactorily pass treatment integrity checks and ongoing supervisory evaluations from a qualified behavior analyst
• Implement feedback that is delivered during live supervision from the behavior analyst or from a written evaluation
• Attend trainings related to the consumer’s plan of service and ABA related topics
• Maintain a flexible schedule in order to appropriately deliver the services to the consumer and family’s needs
• Develop and follow a Performance Goals and Expectations (PGE) evaluation plan in conjunction with immediate supervisor
• Supplemental employment will not interfere with the performance of the Behavior Technician to effectively perform their ongoing job functions.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
• High School Graduate, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• No certification or Licensure required upon employment.
• Must meet and maintain eligibility criteria for an ABA Behavior Technician as outlined in the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines
• After 1 year of employment, it will be expected that Behavior Technicians will become registered as an RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) through the BACB (Behavior Analysis Certification Board)
• Experience working with children. Experience with children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder is preferred
• Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to accept ongoing feedback from supervisor to consistently develop skills in providing ABA services
• Have good written and verbal skills
• Project professionalism in carrying out job responsibilities
• Must provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse and/or neglect on the State of MI Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, insurance and a clear driving record.