The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Clinician in our General Behavioral Health Services Program.
This position will be responsible for some the following:
• Using a Family Centered Planning model; coordinate and monitor delivery of services and implementation of behaviorally specific treatment goals and objectives for assigned clients including the assessment, treatment, coordination of referrals and additional of services with outside providers.
• Maintain ongoing communication and follow up with assigned clients and other providers to facilitate treatment.
• Utilize the ICD and/or DSM to diagnosis and appropriate assessment tool, such as CAFAS/PECFAS as programmatically indicated.
• Maintain clinical records, reports, case notes, and client documentation in the appropriate electronic record systems.
• Monitor overall service plan implementation, making recommendation for services, level of care and discharge as needed.
• Must be able to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends
• Attend all required training to enhance skills and meet Agency guidelines and as required by the State of MI, COA, and other agencies governing the operation of the Agency.
To qualify for this position you will need:
• Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
• Must have a license in the state of Michigan for the coordinating degree and maintain license throughout employment. Meet and maintain eligibility criteria to be credentialed per the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines.”
• State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist).
• CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a program that diagnoses, evaluates, and treats minors and their families in a community based setting as needed.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Medical & prescription coverage with a minimal employee contribution
100% employer paid dental & vision coverage for all full time staff members & eligible dependents
Employee life insurance & optional dependent life Insurance
Accident & critical illness insurance
403(b) thrift plan with employer match after 1 year; fully vested after 2 years
Employee assistance program
Wellness discount program
Continuing education & full licensure stipend
Longevity pay after 3 years
160 hours of paid time off year 1, 200 hours year 2, up to 280 hours
10 paid holidays