Yates Dial-A-Ride is seeking to add to its professional staff of transit bus drivers. Although previous bus driving experience is not necessary, candidates for employment must be able to provide safe, timely and professional services to riders as well as provide excellent customer service and maintain orderly operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely maneuver a bus in traffic.
2. Ability to recognize, create and follow logical sequences for passenger pick-ups and drop-offs with minimum assistance.
3. Observe all traffic laws, including those related to buses and public transit.
4. Use correct FCC radio procedures when communicating with dispatcher.
5. Maintain accurate log on all trips served.
6. Ability to answer informational questions about the system.
7. Maintain fueling, maintenance and vehicle cleaning on a daily basis.
8. Monitor passenger activities to maintain orderly conduct on the bus and submit appropriate reports regarding passenger emergencies, disruptions and any other non-typical events.
9. Inspect vehicles in accordance with our pre-trip inspection requirements.
10. Follow company dress code at all times.
11. Other reasonably related duties.
1. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
2. Gather and analyze information skillfully.
3. Present numerical data clearly and effectively.
4. Develop alternative solutions and work well in group problem solving situations.
5. Communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally.
6. Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions.
7. Use equipment and materials properly.
8. Adapt to changes and unexpected events in the work environment.
9. Use problem solving ability in various situations.
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to nine months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Valid Michigan license with less than 4 points. Points greater than 4 will automatically disqualify the applicant from consideration.
3. Must be able to obtain the proper CDL license with endorsements prior to the end of the 90-day training.
4. Must meet and maintain all requirements for DOT physical examination including drug and alcohol test.
5. Must pass written driving test and road test.
6. Must maintain an excellent driving record.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of internet, Outlook email and Microsoft Office Suite.
Starting pay: $10.00/hour for those who do not yet have a CDL, $10.50/hour for those who do have a CDL