What we offer you
· An innovative, growing company in our industry.
· A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
· A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
Participate in the preparation of food in advance of service, stock stations, prepare foods to order during service and maintain the organization and sanitation of the kitchen.
What you would do
· Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our Mission, Vision & Values.
· Stock and organize the line.
· Responsible for safety and sanitation of food and workspace.
· Prepare all product for service according to prescribed specifications.
· Follow policies and procedures of kitchen conduct.
· Maintain organization of the coolers and ensure proper rotation and temp of product.
· Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
· Work with a sense of urgency at all times.
· Participate in weekly cleaning projects.
· Constantly strive to achieve more knowledge and skill in food preparation.
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you offer us
· Good communication skills, a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to ten (10) hours at at time.
· Minimum 1 year experience in food service preferred.
· Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
· Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Kent/Ottawa County Department of Health.
Reports to: Executive Chef