The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Specialist in our Human Resources department.
This position will be responsible for some the following:
- Will drive recruitment functions from application to offering for 30 or more positions.
- Will serve as leave administrator including FMLA, workers comp, etc…
- Reviews data and enters data into the appropriate personal computer and/or mainframe database.
- Responsible to oversee the management and maintenance of all HR and PD record keeping systems including HRIS systems, Reias, Gen4 and all HR spreadsheet data.
- Maintains all human resource databases and periodically reviews them for accuracy, consistency and efficiency.
- Will participate in the department Strategic Plan Initiatives
- Extensive filing and document control responsibility.
- Oversee the New Employee Orientation process.
- Assist in Internal/external job posting process.
- Attend all required training to enhance skills and meet Agency guidelines and as required by the State of MI, COA, and other agencies governing the operation of the Agency.
- Develop Performance Goals and Expectations with immediate supervisor annually.
- Participate in required supervision, agency meetings and other specialized meetings based upon this position.
- Collaborate and maintain professional standards at all times while conducting agency business.
- Support the values of the family, The Children’s Center Mission and the commitment to the ongoing safety and family stability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To qualify for this position you will need:
- Associates Degree and experience working in Human Services preferred.
- One year HR generalist experience or strong administrative background or the equivalent of education and experience
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Knowledge of office practices, recordkeeping, personnel transactions, and reporting.
- Knowledge of Community Mental Health desired.
- Must provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse/and or neglect on the State of MI Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office and general office equipment
- If position requires driving, must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a clear driving record.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines
Benefits we offer
Medical coverage at a minimal employee contribution rate – 100% paid dental and vision coverage - Life & dependent life insurance - 403(b) Thrift Plan with Employer Match - Staff continuing education reimbursement - Longevity pay - 160 hours of paid time off your first year - 10 paid holidays