The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Specialist in our Quality and Compliance Department.
This position will be responsible for some the following:
- Collates and reports on monitoring statistics including plan utilization, level of care, length of stay, and additional data points as requested
- Formulates clinical recommendations based on utilization of services
- Communicate with physicians, nursing staff, social workers, counselors, and treatment team members as necessary to clarify consumer’s clinical status
- Oversees and manages chart review process
- Creates clinical trainings based on trends observed during utilization review
- Assists with customer complaints and grievances
- Aids in the preparation of all fiduciary audits
- Provides qualitative and quantitative data for the Quality Improvement reports
- Attend all required training to enhance skills and meet Agency guidelines and as required by the State of MI, COA, and other agencies governing the operation of the Agency.
- Develop Performance Goals and Expectations with immediate supervisor annually.
- Participate in required supervision, agency meetings and other specialized meetings based upon this position.
- Collaborate and maintain professional standards at all times while conducting agency business.
- Support the values of the family, The Children’s Center Mission and the commitment to the ongoing safety and family stability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To qualify for this position you will need:
- Licensure: LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC, LPC, LLP, or TLLP
- Minimum two years of direct clinical services in CMH system
- Possess analytical skills
- Possess solid understanding of customer services, Recipient Rights, and MDHHS standards
- Must be able to not only analyze data, but utilize data to inform decisions
- Must be objective, extremely detail oriented, organized, a self-starter, and capable of adhering to multiple deadlines and meeting goals
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse/and or neglect on the State of MI Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office and general office equipment
- If position requires driving, must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a clear driving record.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines
Benefits we offer
Medical coverage at a minimal employee contribution rate – 100% paid dental and vision coverage - Life & dependent life insurance - 403(b) Thrift Plan with Employer Match - Staff continuing education reimbursement - Longevity pay - 160 hours of paid time off your first year - 10 paid holidays