The night auditor is responsible for auditing all accounts to ensure they are in balance, and preparing final reports for management. Acts as the third shift front desk clerk ensuring maximum room revenues and guest satisfaction, in line with AmericInn Lodge and Suites standards.
1. Assists all guests in a sincere and courteous manner, whenever possible going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to ensure guest satisfaction.
2. Verifies that all charges to guest accounts made during the day are correct, and posts room charges for that day so that all guest accounts are current and in balance by 6:00 a.m. The following morning.
3. Completes all credit card transmittal's, direct bills, and no show billings for the day.
4. Prepares all daily, monthly, and yearly reports required by the property.
5. Acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the general manager.
6. Registers and processes guests promptly upon arrival and departure, to ensure guest satisfaction.
7. Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, as well as the local area, and effectively assists guests.
8. Demonstrates the use of sales techniques to effectively sell the property, maximizing occupancy and average rate.
9. Receives and processes telephone and walk-in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction.
10. Sets up the AmericInn Perk Breakfast by 6:00 am.
11. Professionally and competently operates the telephone system according to AmericInn Lodge and Suites standards.
12. Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures as required to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
13. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
14. Performs other duties as requested or required.
1. Ability to quickly learn front desk technical procedures as well as audit procedures, such as: check-in, check-out, selling skills, computer operations, telephone operations, etc.
2. Ability to operate computer or cash register to handle monetary transactions and give correct change.
3. Ability to work well on multiple tasks at the same time.
4. Ability to be friendly and cheerful; interact easily with strangers.
5. Ability to cooperate with and support others.
6. Ability to observe, react quickly and adjust to different guest situations.
7. Ability to cope with stress, showing self-control during excitement.
8. Ability to work accurately and competently with numbers.
9. Ability for strong organizational skills and strong detail orientation.
10. Ability to physically manipulate equipment such as: cash register, computer, credit card machines, telephone console/switchboard, calculator, etc.
11. Grooming must meet property standards.