Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations. Caregivers will provide care and supportive services to individuals who require physical assistance who may be disabled, suffering from a chronic illness, or recovering from a surgical procedure. Caregivers will work in the patient’s home and help with a variety of tasks. Must be able to show sensitivity to patients’ feelings and work closely with patients who may have severe pain or who may be experiencing emotional distress.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience providing in-home care.
- Must possess patience, dependability, and good interpersonal skills. 4. Must possess effective time management skills and be detail-oriented to follow specific rules and protocols.
- Must be warm, compassionate, and emotionally stable.
- Must have a phone or a way to communicate to the office daily.
- Valid driver’s license with valid auto insurance and current registration is required. Essential Functions of the Caregiver:
- Light Housekeeping duties (Change linens, make bed and laundry, dusting, etc.) 2. Prepare and plan meals
- Help with walking and light exercise
- Assist with dressing, grooming and bathing
- Run small errands (pick-up and drop-off medicine, go to the bank, shopping, etc.) 6. Medication Reminder
- Answering Phone or Door
- This role may involve performing physical tasks such as lifting, turning and repositioning patients.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned.