Position Title: Security Guard
Location: Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Reports To: Security Supervisor
Summary of Duties:
The Security Guard is responsible for the day-to-day functions of center safety. Complies with Job Corps program requirements, corporate guidelines and federal, state, and local regulations. Creates and preserves an environment where staff, students, and visitors are safe and well-protected.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Implements security policies, protocols and procedures under the leadership of the Security/Safety Manager and the Senior Security Officer.
• Ensures safety and security of students, staff and facilities.
• Responds to and investigates center intrusion.
• Controls disturbances and assists staff in de-escalating potentially volatile situations.
• Responsible for signing visitors in and out of the center and performing safety checks/inspections of bags and other items.
• Demonstrates helpful, responsible, and caring attitude.
• Makes physical inspections and security checks of grounds and facility.
• Completes required security logs. Documents records accurately and in a timely manner.
• Completes investigations and documents information accurately and in a timely manner
• Reports fires and other adverse conditions, and assists in suppressing fires or remedying adverse conditions.
• Follows established guidelines and procedures for staff, students and visitors entering and exiting the campus.
• Ensures that the rights of all individuals are protected.
• Drives vehicles as necessary.
• Transports students as assigned.
• Picks up and delivers materials as directed. Reports vehicle repair needs to supervisor.
• Ensures that all safety procedures are followed by staff, students and visitors.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid state driver’s license
• CPR/First Aid certifications (training provided upon hire)
Join our team of highly trained, skilled and educated staff as we provide 21st century training, education and job counseling to the students who live and train at our center. The Job Corps program is a federally funded program for youth age 16-24. Our simple purpose is to help young people improve the quality of their lives by empowering them to get great jobs, college opportunities, enlist in the military and other training and apprenticeships in order to become independent. Join our team and make a difference in the lives of these young adults.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Human Learning Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.