Performs Outreach and Admissions activities and programs which include educating and working in partnership with individuals, communities, organizations, one-stops, schools, social services agencies, community partners, military services, and other training programs.
- Recruits eligible youth to the Job Corps program and submits a sufficient number of eligible applicant folders to achieve center goals.
- Assists applicants in developing a career and employability plan utilizing the Personal Career Development Plan (PCDP).
- Participates in evening and weekend outreach/recruitment activities as necessary or assigned.
- Conducts campus tours and represents the Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center at public and other community events, as well as at organizational meetings and in high schools. Joins and actively participate in at least one community group, i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc. Is familiar with and promotes/supports campus-wide compliance with DOL, Corporate and Center initiatives.
- Conducts follow-up and retention/commitment activities with enrolled students once they arrive on center and throughout their center experience, especially during the first 90 days.
- Prepares, submits, and analyzes (as necessary) a variety of qualitative, quantitative, and narrative reports in accordance with and as prescribed by Corporate Office, and Department of Labor.
- Performs administrative, support, and management functions in support of quantitative and quality goal accomplishment, including deliveries of performance and services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field; or an Associate’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field, and two years related experience.
- Valid state driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid certifications (training provided upon hire)
Equal Opportunity Statement Human Learning Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.