LABORER – FIBER OPTIC CABLE SYSTEM
Verita Telecommunications Corporation is fast growing telecommunications contractor that specializes in engineering and construction. Our employees are highly motivated and internally driven to succeed. Verita is seeking professionals with a growth mindset that are looking to work in a team atmosphere. Our employees are leaders in their fields and have committed to grow. We are determined to hire candidates with values that fit our culture of leading, growing and working as a team!
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for preparing work site to locate utilities and eliminate potential hazards prior to drilling. Load, unload and transport construction materials and tools. Hand dig to clear debris for Drill Operator, check utilities and clearances. Excavate and fill trenches and ditches. Perform installation of underground telecommunications cable and conduit. Assist with machinery maintenance and other duties as assigned. Perform job site clean-up and area restoration.
Education / Certification:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Drivers License
- No prior experience required.
Physical Requirements / Aptitude:
- Ability to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Must have valid driving license.
- Willing to work overtime when required, willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
- Dedicated, hard-working and goal focused.
- Motivated to grow and train into other positions.
- Other duties when assigned