Who We Are: BeneSys is a leading third-party administrator for union benefit plans, serving 500,000 plan participants across 500+ fund accounts. Annually, we manage over $5 billion in contributions from employers, process 25,000 pension applications and estimates, and 3.3 million medical, vision and dental claims. BeneSys employs 800+ experienced professionals across the US with key locations in Troy MI and Carmel IN.
SUMMARY: The Healthcare Benefits Configuration Analyst will work with both existing and new BeneSys clients to configure the Beacon SpyGlass claims management system to process claims in line with plan requirements.
Healthcare Benefits Configuration Analyst is a fantastic opportunity to i) participate in a high visibility / highly strategic initiative for BeneSys ii) get hands on experience with a best-in-class and growing claims management system iii) learn more about the third-party administration and healthcare benefits industry. Candidates will be considered for both our Troy, Michigan and Carmel, Indiana offices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review/analyze/interpret benefit plan Summary Plan Descriptions utilizing knowledge of healthcare regulations, including HIPAA and ACA.
- Configure new benefit plans and/or benefit plan changes for medical, dental, and vision plans, per client-specific requirements.
- Troubleshoot and validate configurations to ensure successful implementation of plan rules, terms, and changes.
- Adhere to policies and procedures in implementing plans and changes within designated turnaround times.
- Identify methods to improve auto-adjudication of claims.
- Identify new system functionalities which can improve claims processing efficiencies.
- Assist with standard and custom claims-processing reports.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years’ relevant experience in benefit plan configuration, implementation, and/or administration. Experience processing medical claims preferred.
Language Skills Excellent reading comprehension skills. Must be able to communicate professionally and clearly. Strong language and writing skills are necessary. Ability to read, interpret, and communicate contents of documents, such as Summary Plan Descriptions and benefit plan rules. Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
Mathematical Skills Ability to apply concepts of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to calculate reimbursable amounts or out-of-pocket expenses to test and validate systems’ outputs.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions. Must use effective analytical & problem-solving skills daily.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations None required
Physical Demands The physical demands are representative of those typically required of an individual working in an office environment. Position requires work at a computer display terminal and desk, including typing on a keyboard, for a substantial part of the workday. Position will spend a significant amount of time communicating both electronically and via telephone.
Work Environment Typical office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Job may involve travel 5-10% of the time. Position works principally in the company’s office, but some remote work is possible with company approval. Must be able to maintain reliable and predictable attendance within a fixed work schedule.
Full time. Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Competitive Benefits & Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 15 days of PTO during the next calendar year!
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability, and AD&D insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid training
- Career development opportunities
- Referral bonus for all full-time referrals
- Competitive wages
- Annual opportunities for increases and bonuses
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
BeneSys wants to be a great service provider to the members we serve and we recognize we can only do that if we are also a great employer with successful employees. In short, our success is driven by our employees successes. We want to be a place people want to work, feel proud of what they do and feel fulfilled both professionally and personally; creating a place where employees can find long-term growth and potential.
Our culture focuses on three core values:
- Collaboration: working together across 31 locations to achieve the best for the company and our clients;
- Dedication: striving to create an environment where all employees work toward a common goal while committing to providing the best customer service to our members and our colleagues and;
- Integrity: doing what we say we will do. Upholding strong ethical and moral principles
ADA & EEO
The company will make reasonable accommodations so that qualified individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions of this position.