The Cost Analyst will work closely with the Business Development, Engineering and Accounting teams to provide detailed cost analysis and pricing recommendations for new product. The Cost Analyst will also regularly monitor standard costing metrics for material and labor for existing products and reports results and recommended revisions to management and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Interfaces with all applicable departments to ensure timely and accurate bid proposals are presented to the Business Development Team and the Customer
· Assists with the auditing of material quotes, labor quotes and creation of pricing forms as necessary
· Reviews and analyzes technical data packages to ensure completeness and accuracy
· Maintains the customer solicitation database, and maintains the daily bid scheduling tool, keeping records accurate and up to date.
· Uses online quoting tool as well as email to distribute RFQs to appropriate suppliers and internal team members
· Regularly meets with Business Development Managers and Senior Management to discuss new bids and recommend new pricing
· Creates and monitors standard costing metrics for both material and labor variances on a weekly basis
· Analyzes changes in product design, manufacturing methods and/or materials to determine effects on cost
· Meets with operations to discuss large variances from standard. Identifies reasons and remedies for variances
· Creates bid proposals and pricing letters to the customer
· Assists with auditing cost of sales accurately at the end of each month
· Assists with cost and pricing audits with customers and government agencies
· Performs any other task as requested by supervisor
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· Accounting experience preferred
· Cost Accounting experience strongly preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including expert level Excel skills.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
· Proficiency with ERP/MRP System
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated analytical ability