Associate Production Ham Boning - Indiana Packers Corp. Delphi, IN
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
An Associate Production team member in the Ham Boning Department skins, trims, de-bone and packages our delicious, quality pork products (pork butts and hams).
Position Reports To: Ham Boning Shift Supervisor
- Team members will skin, trim, cut and debone our meat products, working with machinery and cutting tools to ensure Safe Quality Food (SQF).
- Process, packaging and boxing product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Perform physically demanding work that requires attention to detail, strength, stamina and good hand-eye coordination (while keeping safety as top priority).
- Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by maintaining a positive work atmosphere.
To be successful in this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The requirements listed are representative of the ability, skill and /or knowledge required and is not an exhaustive list.
Essential Job Requirements:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Perform tasks requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing and extending arms
- Stand on concrete floors and/or platforms for an extended period of time
- Work with raw meat and/or carcass parts
- Work with a knife, if trained
- Able to operate or work near mechanical equipment and/or cutting tools
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions including company policies & procedures
- Must be able to lift and exert push and/or pull force of at least 35 lbs.
- Must be able to work in cold environments (around 20-40 degrees)
- Must be able to work in wet, humid and odorous environments
- Work while wearing all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to bend, stoop and twist repetitively for an extended period of time
- Must be able to work 8-10 hours daily and Saturdays as needed
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual's membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.
This position is in Delphi Indiana (6755 W 100 N Delphi, IN 46923), a short drive from Lafayette Indiana & Purdue University.