Responsible for daily set-up, start-up, troubleshooting, changeovers and operational support for packaging lines and equipment.
- Provides leadership and performs equipment set-ups, changeovers and start-up procedures for packaging lines and equipment. Makes machine adjustments as necessary to ensure optimum line up time and ensure efficiency of equipment.
- Conducts product and size changes, changes tooling to accommodate components for each product run.
- Troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs to equipment and maintains records of maintenance and repair. Assists the Maintenance Technicians with all repairs while the line is down.
- Shall perform all functions of packaging operator and/or fill in as Line Leader as needed.
- Will lead continuous improvement activities and help to implement improvements to the process, safety, productivity, quality and reduce costs.
- Performs other related duties specific to the department as assigned. (Including, but not limited to assisting Production Engineering with projects and line trials/validations).
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Must possess strong technical aptitude and experience on production lines.
- One or more years experience in packaging or manufacturing environment.
- Must possess strong math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- The ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required.
- Requires basic computer literacy and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, fosters teamwork and promotes a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.