Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Production Coordinator will assist the Production Manager to increase or maintain organization and to ensure its efficiency in an exemplary manner according to the Company Quality Policy.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- A minimum of one year experience within the Pridgeon & Clay manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with product quality checks, Vulcan, and QAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and collaboration skills
- The ability to perform projects with a high degree of detail
- Exceptional professional attributes that include self-motivation and dependability
- The ability to build effective work relationships
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills, and an excellent work record, including attendance.
- Generate new Quality Assurance books with all necessary paperwork.
- Distribute updated gage instruction to appropriate department(s)
- Distribute updated Quality paperwork, i.e., Control Plans, to the appropriate departments.
- Perform all necessary activities for obsoleting jobs.
- Verify fixture certification for all service or inactive parts when fixtures are retrieved from the storage locations.
- Conduct semi-annual review of quality systems within the Production Area.
- Perform weekly cycle counts in each department within the Production Area.
- Participate in lean initiatives such as continuous improvement events, and identifying and eliminating all types of waste.
- Update the Production Area information boards as needed.
- Coordinate deviations with the appropriate people/functions.
- Update action registers for the Production Area (open maintenance-related items, weekly 8D meeting, Layered Audits, etc.).
- Track open action items
- Follow-up/track completion of open action items on action registers within the Production Area (8D’s, Layered Audits, etc.).’
- Add / modify operator instructions and set-up sheets in the company intranet.
- Train on IATF 16949 procedures, methods as scheduled.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, IATF 16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Represent company in a professional manner and dress when meeting with customers.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Ownership, We Can If…, Safety) daily, through thoughts and actions.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within