The Production Associate is responsible for running and maintaining packaging department equipment which includes labelers, scales, conveyors, casers, stackers, coders and other related packaging safely and efficiently in relation to material usage documentation, product waste, sealing, coding and weight control.
12 Hour Rotating Schedule, working every other Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Day shift hours: 5am-5:15pm
Night shift hours: 5pm-5:15am
· Ensure the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
· Visually inspect boxes, cartons and other packaged materials for printing defects.
· Communicate any changes immediately in product flow, equipment malfunctions, shortages or deviations from specifications to Supervisor, maintenance or other operators verbally.
· Inspect packaging, coding and seals to verify conformance to specifications and performs necessary adjustments to ensure compliance
· Will have working knowledge and experience with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler error.
· Ensure that the packaging rate guidelines are followed to meet productivity/metrics.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
· Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
· Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
· Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.