If you haven’t considered a career at Cherry Health, we have some exceptional benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- A generous paid-time off (PTO) policy
- Paid holidays !
- 403(b) retirement savings with an employer match contribution
- Onsite continuing education opportunities
- Vendor discounts
- And much more!
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Reconcile Statement of Financial Position accounts to detail on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries noting completion on month end checklist.
- Complete General Ledger account analysis.
- Track grant funding, cash draws and complete required reports. Communicate with the grant team, foundation and other entities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including cost reports, financial status reports and Uniform Data System (UDS) and vouchers for submission to state and federal agencies.
- Reconcile cash balances and general ledger with bank statements for each account monthly and research any differences.
- Reconcile payroll wage and deduction reports to the general ledger.
- Reconcile Federal Request (FR50) donation reports to the general ledger.
- Participate in budget preparation process.
- Work closely with Accounting Manager
- Complete projects within assigned time frame and with minimal supervision.
- Understand and adhere to agency’s compliance standards as they appear in Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and organization’s regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified
- Knowledge in patient management/billing system and utilize reporting capabilities for accounting purposes.
- Knowledge of medical billing concepts including accounting for managed care contracts.
- Thorough knowledge of standard accounting procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting with an emphasis on preparation of health and social services financial reports.
- Knowledge of computerized systems and their application to non-profit organizations.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is essential.
- Ability to identify and maintain agency, patient and client confidential information.
- Ability to work under competing demands and pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with staff and patients from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or similar area required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure preferred
Three years’ experience in accounting or finance related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
We are accepting applications for this position until the position is filled.
Our policy is to offer all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected category.
Cherry Health has recently updated our Employee Health Policy to require the Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Cherry Health’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our patients and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.