Supervisor: Die Cast Supervisor
Job Description: To operate the trim press machine and produce quality castings as a member of the die cast cell.
- Review and follow job documentation and work instructions located at work station
- Contact quality / supervisor / cell leader for questions or concerns
- Remove castings from conveyor & place on trim nest
- Monitor the extractor and make sure castings continue to be produced
- Visually inspect castings and trimmed parts for defects
- Ensure production of quality parts
- Operate trim press machine in a safe and responsible manner
- Never place hands or any part of the body between trim platens while the safety mechanism is not in place
- Pack off quality trimmed parts into the appropriate packaging per instructions
- Keep work area clean (including trim die and press platens).
- Participate in all die cast cell activities.
- Perform and record safety checks on trim press
- Notify supervisor of any problems with equipment or part quality
- Assists in any other areas as requested by supervisor
- Fill out all pertinent forms as directed by supervisor
- Perform all job duties with safety and quality as primary focus (see employee PPE “Personal Protection Equipment” Matrix). This matrix is posted in each plant.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. From floor to waist