At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
As we continue to grow, we're now looking to add an experienced Staff Accountant to our Convivial team!
Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for managing the company’s accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position oversees the processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, invoices, payment of invoices and basic cash forecasting. This position also evaluates current processes and identifies money savings opportunities for the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the submission of approved and coded invoices for all Convivial Brands companies. Reviews the coding for accuracy and the invoices for appropriate approval. Once reviewed, performs data entry of invoices into the AP module of the NAV ERP system.
- Evaluates invoice amounts and identifies unusual fluctuations, investigates, and communicates potential problems driving resolution.
- Works effectively and efficiently with vendors. Develops working relationships with vendors, becomes familiar with the terms of vendor contracts, and identifies costs that should be paid by others under the terms of the contracts. Avoids late payment penalties while managing all Agings.
- Pays vendor invoices according to terms and conditions of contracts, including within custom payment systems when approved.
- Takes advantage of payment discounts whenever possible.
- Maintains sensitivity and objectivity with local vendors.
- Ensures all vendor information is complete and accurate in the AP system, including collecting W-9 forms.
- Assists with and supports the financial well-being of the company. Identifies money saving opportunities based on review of invoices and communicates those in purchasing in a way that is actionable. Identifies fraudulent vendor schemes and communicates to avoid losses.
- Analyzes expense data detailing issues and preparing related reports that support year end cost reporting preparation.
- Manages the accounts payable function for the organization. Ensures all invoices are collected and entered on a regular daily basis and confirmed by the 3rd business day of the month or processes an accrual entry for missing invoices.
- Closes the accounts payable module monthly and ensures the aging ties to the general ledger through account reconciliations.
- Runs monthly reports and stores them electronically and prepares and files the 1099-MISC / -NEC forms annually.
- Matches check stubs/payment details to invoices, files matched invoices, sets up vendor files, and investigates options for use of electronic storage as technologies emerge.
- Orders supplies, including checks, envelopes, file folders, storage boxes, etc. related to Accounts Payable while managing electronic storage.
- Processes other recurring payments including utilities, royalties, and insurance premiums.
- Performs basic daily / weekly cash management supporting outgoing weekly payment cycles. Leads input of Weekly Cash Forecast with daily updates & reconciliation.
- Reviews and codes company credit card invoices and enforces policies regarding collecting receipts.
What's in it for you?
You'll be joining a growing finance team and have the opportunity to help establish key systems and processes, as well as the opportunity for growth as the company continues to grow.
Our office functions on a hybrid model - employees are required to be in office on Monday and Thursday, but all other days can be remote with the approval of your Manager.
We offer competitive pay and benefits! We have 8 company-paid holidays, a generous Paid Time Off Bank (PTO), and our benefits are robust and affordable. Full-time employees currently get company-paid life insurance (1 timesThis your annual salary) and company-paid short-term and long-term disability. We also offer extras like legal coverage, identitiy protection, and pet insurance! And let's not forget the employee discounts that we offer on each of our brands' products/services - Design Design, Style Life, Verdant Graphics, Tableau, and The High Five Grand Rapids.
Convivial Brands Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Convivial Brands is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our most valuable asset. our employees' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest their unique identities in their work - are a significant part of our culture, our reputation, and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our team members' differences in age, colore, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristices that make our team members unique. Convivial Brands' diversity initiatives apply to all parts of the employment experience, including but not limited to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; social and recreational programs; layoffs and separations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you're ready to make a difference by joining our mission to Make Life Better, we invite you to apply!