Metro Health now the University of Michigan Health-West is looking for an experienced Executive Receptionist. - 40hrs/wk (SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE) Shift: Days
Under limited direction, the Executive Receptionist functions as the main point of contact for the executive administrative suite and performs complex and detailed administrative support functions to facilitate the smooth operation of the department. The Executive Receptionist exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment to analyze, disseminate, respond and escalate complex, sensitive and confidential information requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five (5) years of experience providing management level professional administrative support required.
- Professional administrative support and 5 years executive experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint , Visio with desktop publishing a plus
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and managing multiple projects.
- Possess excellent public relation skills, both internally and externally.
- Advanced degree of independent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with very sensitive issues in a tactful, positive and confidential manner.
- Able to work independently with little supervision with the demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support for management and department staff as needed. Including executives, physicians, and act as a back-up to other support staff.
- Manage and set-up of all conference/board rooms within the hospital including the conference center.
- Act as a liaison to Catering, IT and other areas of support for meetings and functions.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for the executive administrative suite, greeting and directing all visitors including staff, vendors, physicians, board members, and internal and external customers.
- Answers, responds and resolves incoming communications and triages communication to appropriate individual or department as necessary.
- Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day office functions including: ordering supplies, reviewing and prioritizing in and outgoing mail, processing and tracking invoices and purchase orders, and maintaining files and administrative records.
- Schedules internal and external meetings for the executives and physicians and department staff as needed.
- Prepares agendas and agenda materials for meetings, arranges meeting set-up, distributes notices, catering requests, and coordinates the RSVP process. Attends all required meetings in order to record, prepare and distribute the meeting minutes.
- Manages the physician call list.
- Arranges travel itineraries and reservations, seminar and conference registrations for director and department staff.
- Gathers and prepares data and completes special reports and surveys as required by various agencies with which the hospital is affiliated. Maintains established legal documents, policies, procedures and plans.
- Under limited direction, oversees complex special and ongoing projects.
- Assists in coordinating external and internal meetings for community, hospital, and other departments. Prepares packets, presentation materials and power point slides for various committee meetings and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes and procedures for patient care, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management. Ordering of supplies