Position Title |
Explore & Grow Lead Teacher
Responsible to: Program Director
Working Relationships: Explore & Grow Team
Scope of Position: The Lead Teacher plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities for the children in their classroom on a weekly basis. He or she is also responsible for maintaining a safe, nurturing and educational environment, while working cooperatively with parents and staff.
Time Commitment: Full Time
- Oversee the planning and implementation of appropriate activities for the children each week in science, math, art, language, music, religion, motor development and multi-cultural projects.
- Incorporate worship, Bible stories, and scripture into the classroom
- Prepare and submit weekly lesson plans for review to the Director prior to posting
- Create a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment
- Maintain discipline in the classroom while treating the children with kindness, dignity and respect (abiding by the Licensing Rules for Childcare Centers)
- Set clear, fair and consistent limits for the children as outlined in the Parent Handbook
- Help the children with conflict resolution strategies through modeling skills and problem-solving skills
- Maintain appearance, décor and safe learning environment for the classroom
- Be responsible for student assessments, observations and conduct parent-teacher conferences
- Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests
- Attend staff meetings, parent functions, and outreach events as requested by the Director
- Take attendance daily, including meal sheets, or delegate this to the Classroom Assistant
- Eat meals together and interact with the children
- Administer medication as needed
- Submit weekly email blast newsletter information
- Supervise the class on the playground, in the gym, at specials and on field trips.
- Ensure that all state regulations are followed pertaining to the children and the classroom.
- Purchase small teaching supplies for the classroom and submit receipts
- Meet with the classroom assistants for evaluations, goal setting, team planning and delegation of duties.
- Meet with the Director regularly for evaluation and goal setting.
- Attend required annual training and CPR.