Human Learning Systems Position Description
Position Title: Records Clerk
Location: Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center
Reports To: Records Supervisor
The Records Clerk position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor. The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
Summary of Duties: The Records Clerk is responsible for providing support to the Records Department and must:
- Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Communicate accurately and appropriately.
- Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
- Computer competent, including Microsoft Office Skills and Internet research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with center management, students and staff, as well as community partners.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Department initiatives and functions.
- Maintains integrity guidelines and ensure that data is not manipulated.
- Performs data entry, data verification and reconciliation in all areas of student accountability.
- Performs related data entry and data verification essential to and consistent with records, accountability and data integrity guidelines.
- Has a working knowledge of data transfer from one document to another with an emphasis on detail and free of errors.
- Ensures reconciliation of CIS system regularly to ensure accuracy of data.
- Performs primary records, student accountability and data integrity functions.
- Maintains CIS, OASIS, and CTS database with current and correct information. Submits travel authorizations to proper agencies to ensure timely travel of trainees from home to Center or other designations, and vice versa as appropriate.
- Publishes accountability reports, daily, accurately and timely. Administers trainee clothing allowance plan.
- Audits JCRL reports for accuracy.
- Processes new trainees’ paperwork during their first week of enrollment. Processes new and separated trainees’ folders in a timely manner and in compliance with DOL, Corporate and Center guidelines; ensures all paperwork is in the folder.
- Processes information as it relates to the student pay system. Answers requests for trainees’ files or other information.
- Maintains accurate CIS database.
- Maintains department files, records and logs.
- Ensures files, records and logs are maintained in sequential order, or by another prescribed methods and that all documents reflect quality by maintaining all information in system format for easy review and audit.
- Processes separated records to the Regional Archives Center.
- Ensures documents are received and returned by center staff in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with on Center as well as OA and CTS providers for the exchange of required information. Prepares and provides accurate student accountability reports as necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all PRH, PAG, and Corporate requirements.
- Maintains open communication; accepts directions and suggestion.
- Accomplishes tasks and assignments in a professional manner, as identified by the supervisor.
- Conducts follow-up as necessary. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains department files to include SOPs, weekly reports, weekly summation reports, JCRL reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested by department supervisor.
- Schedules and attends office meetings, sends out required reports, runs office errands, attends training, acts proactively, completes tasks in a timely and proficient manner, tracks and follows through on action items, exercises good judgment and problem-solving skills on manager’s behalf, and other comparable duties.
- Enters information into the CIS and keeps necessary files and records.
- Maintains accurate hard and electronic copy files as necessary to ensure department meets DOL, Corporate, and Center expectations.
- Runs CIS reports to ensure information entered is accurate.
- Maintains other computer systems as necessary.
- Controls inventory and ensures the department areas are attractive, clean, safe and in good repair:
- Ensures that all equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition.
- Initiates work orders and ensures that repairs are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that work area, including supervisor’s area and other assigned areas, are attractive, clean and safe at all times.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent. One year of related experience. Must possess computer proficiency and excellent communication skills,
Certifications, Licenses, Registration
Valid state driver’s license; CPR/First Aid certifications
Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center is a equal employment opportunity Employer.