The Human Resources Manager directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the human resources function an exemplary manner according to the company policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors in Human Resources preferred (or a related field)
- Experience directly leading professional teams in a high volume manufacturing environment, including involvement in the hiring, performance review, disciplinary processes, employee and leadership development programs
- Experience with the recruiting and hiring process (using methods including social networking)
- Experience performing human resources-related duties in a professional environment
- Ability to handle employee records and materials in a secure and confidential manner and ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all employee information
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and drive on-time completion of program a high degree of detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Exceptional professional attributes of self-motivation, dependability and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to build effective work relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated growth potential, by having achieved previously established goals, learning new skills, and proven strategic thinking
- An excellent work record, including attendance
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements
- Human resources experience in the automotive industry
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Masters in Human Resources or Business Administration (or a related field)
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team consisting of one or more of the following: Human Resources Generalist, Specialist, EHS Coordinator or while working with Managers, the Vice President of Human Resources and General Manager as needed.
- Oversee direct HR team in their strategic long-term and daily functions and lead them to meet their established goals to assure effective HR practices.
- Mentors managers on compliance with state and federal statutory requirements including the Fair Labor Standard Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, unemployment and workers’ compensation regulations, and other state of federal employment laws.
- Partner extensively with members of the EHS team, EHS corporate staff and operational leaders to support Safety and Environmental and Health initiatives.
- Guide managers to provide consistent feedback to employees regarding job performance and accomplishment of goals. Address performance by fairly administering actions using the Company policy and Employee Handbook.
- Facilitate the understanding of change management that ensure human aspects of change are considered, foster commitment, minimize resistance, align culture, and enable the desired end state.
- Reinforce organizational culture through the development and implementation of HR strategies.
- Assess employee engagement and proactively develop action plans to ensure a positive, engaging and supportive work environment. Proactively address employee relation issues.