This position will plan, schedule and manage the movement of material through the manufacturing process to ensure a consistent flow of goods. This position is responsible for communication of schedules with the Production Manager and Supervisors. This position also reviews inventory discrepancies and follows up with inventory concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as they relate to an essential function of the job.
- Creates the master schedule for the plant including raw material, WIP, FG and outside services.
- Monitors the MRP process in CMS and issues manufacturing orders and updates the orders as needed.
- Enters production and scrap records from the manufacturing process and resolves any issues to record accurate data.
- Review daily inventory reports such as negative inventory and resolve variances.
- Maintains accurate inventory with a cycle count schedule. Assist with annual inventory events.
- Issues raw material purchase orders and schedules shipments of raw material into the plant. Communicates with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Tracks supplier delivery to confirm on time shipment and work with the suppliers to resolve back orders and prevent production downtime.
- Monitors supplier delivery scorecard and resolves issue when suppliers are not meeting goals.
- Maintains and updates item detail records including lead times, package size and safety stock.
- Participates on various multifunctional project teams representing the Materials Team including Lean Manufacturing projects, safety committee and cost saving groups.
- Tracks shipping costs and reviews options to consolidate freight and save cost.
- Responsible for assuring there is a trained backup person for all duties during periods of absence or vacation and learning cross functional jobs to support other employees.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality, or performance, and inventories.
- Tracks defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action. Tracks inventory of defective items to ensure proper inventory transactions.
- Monitors inventory levels and develops inventory reduction plans to meet established days on hand goals while assuring material availability for manufacturing.
- Responsible for monitoring and implementing/revising IATF/TS16949/ISO14001 procedures and work instructions as they pertain to this position. Assists in the annual MMOG surveys and audits.