TITLE: Senior Product Engineer
DUTIES: Provide technical advice and recommendations, lead internal and customer design review, and propose methodology for problem solving and analysis on complex design and customer issues. Research and develop technology with an R&D and product development focus.
Perform root cause analysis on products failure modes. Modify existing products to resolve quality problems, and coordinate activities of multiple disciplines to implement solutions.
Identify opportunities for product improvements and cost reduction through evaluation of manufacturing practices and assembly methods. Utilize CAD and FEA software to develop product improvements. Utilize knowledge of systems and works directly with OEMs to determine product performance requirements. Lead team members of product development projects and justify monetary resources and personnel to attain project goals. Define product performance standards and product acceptance standards using knowledge of systems and laboratory testing equipment and procedures. Position qualifies for a work from home benefit if within a reasonable commuting distance of Otsego, Michigan. Position requires 10% domestic travel.
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
LOCATION: 100 Parker Drive, Otsego, MI 49078
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related Engineering field and five (5) years of experience as a Research & Development Engineer, Development Engineer, Design Engineer, Designer, Graduate Research Assistant, or a related occupation. Employer will also accept a Master’s degree in the above stated fields and two (2) years of experience in the above stated occupations. Also requires experience in the following:
• Design experience with complex hydraulic components, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and/or rotating machinery;
• Proficient with specialized data analysis and engineering design tools;
• Experience with simulation on 1D, CFD, and FEA commercial software for design of components (I.E. ANSYS, Fluent, CFX);
• CAD Software Skills;
• Mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and ability to execute projects with limited supervision;
• Establish and track objectives to achieve strategical goals and provide guidance to the team at project milestones; and
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
CONTACT: To apply: Apply online at www.parker.com/career Job ID#23218 or mail to Tina Slifko (Ref Job ID #23218), Parker Hannifin Corporation, 6035 Parkland Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44124.