Genesis Seating, a division of Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, is seeking a Purchasing Analyst/Buyer.
What you’ll do
In this position, you will provide analytical support to the commodity buyers. You will handle quoting, inventory improvement projects, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, and backfill for buyers when needed. This role will also manage a limited set of suppliers including owning the quoting, ordering, price management, and inventory level monitoring for those vendors. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes and maintains SKU data in MRP system including product cost, lot sizes, MOQ’s, lead-times, safety stock, and vendor information to ensure accuracy of data.
- Analyzes, facilitates, and coordinates projects to optimize procurement operations activities, including metrics development.
- Manage inventory levels and maintain a more consistent flow of materials with the use of strategic purchasing techniques. Optimize inventory turn overs and total inventory holding.
- Review materials for customer move up requests and report out daily regarding material shortages/delays.
- Identify and qualify alternate suppliers to support strategic sourcing efforts.
- Associates Degree in Business, a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, or related work environment. 2+ years of experience as a buyer is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex data as part of decision-making processes.
- Functional understanding of BOM’s, MRP and Process Improvement practices and standards.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated project management skills and mind set.
- Must possess solid communication skills, ability to negotiate, and solid problem-solving skills.
Who we are and what we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, stock plans, employee discounts, and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of 22,000 employee-partners in 142 manufacturing facilities located in 23 countries.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer