Fire Alarm & Security Technician Job Description
Summary/Objective: The Fire Alarm & Security Technician works in conjunction with our project management team to take systems from inception to completion and client acceptance. The systems include installation and programming control panels and all other equipment for fire alarm systems. Show customers how to use alarm system, discuss any questions or concerns and ensure customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive.
- Experience in fire & security system installation.
- Test and repair alarm systems already in place
- Perform inspections to ensure alarms are installed according to code
- Respond to emergency service calls
- Install equipment for fire alarm systems with the guidance of building plans and electrical layouts
- Mount devices at appropriate locations, performing all necessary tasks, such as drilling holes for cabling and accessing locations such as crawlspaces or attics to ensure optimal wiring layouts
- Install all wiring to connect system components, complying with all applicable safety standards and with customer's concerns or preferences
- Inspect and test systems to ensure all components are performing well and comply with safety requirements
- Identify and repair malfunctions in system components or wiring, including identifying and installing replacement parts as necessary
- Compose and submit documentation and reports for each installation or repair visit, complying with company's standard operating procedure
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record
- Strong customer service orientation
- NICET level II certification preferred (requires prior experience or training)
- Knowledge of NFPA standards a plus (including 70 and 72)
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have excellent organizational, strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Professional appearance
- Able to pass background check and drug screen.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Be able to differentiate between conductor cable colors
Work Environment: Employee will be required to go to active job sites which may be under construction. Accordingly, employee may be exposed to outdoor conditions, uneven ground, and other construction site conditions.
Physical Demands: The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 25 feet tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Will routinely work 40 or more hours per week.
Travel: As necessary
Required Education and Experience: High School graduate or greater. Industry related certifications.
Preferred Education/ Experience/ Training in the following
- General safety
- Ariel Lift
- Fall Protection
Parkway is an EEO Employer.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.