Looking for an inspiring organization in which to thrive and feel appreciated?
Sanford Addiction Treatment Centers, located in the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area, is seeking a part-time and full-time Program Nurse with a background in treating individuals with substance use disorders and/or experience in the mental health field for our Detox center in Marne, MI.
What sets us apart?
Sanford Addiction Treatment Centers is a family owned and operated business unapologetically located in the Midwest, and our midwestern values are the key to our many successes. We offer a program unlike any other in the state. We are different in that our beautiful, historically renovated mansions offer a homelike setting in which people can begin the hard work of seeking recovery.
We believe that all men and women deserve to find the place from which they draw strength. In recovery, our clients are able to rekindle previous interests and develop new skills. We believe that there are many paths to recovery. And just as each client is unique, every recovery is unique. We want to encourage our clients to find their inner grit, rekindle interests, and engage their passion. Our goal is to prepare our clients for an inspired life in recovery. Won't you help us in this mission?
Our employees are the heart of our business. We offer a welcoming and supportive environment in which to further your career, as well as competitive benefits. We have assembled a group of talented and credentialed professionals to create an unmatched team for which to join. We are inspired by them every day and trust that you will be too.
- Effectively monitor and identify complications in clients who are in need of medically managed detox services. Able to identify and document current withdrawal status, substance use disorder, mental health disorders and any other medical concerns that may arise through benevolent and empathetic nursing care.
- Measure and document vital signs and CIWA/COWS and other standardized assessments for clients as ordered by the provider.
- Implement medical treatment plans and communicate effectiveness and client status to providers. Advocate for clients.
- Complete new client medical pre-screens to assess for appropriateness of admission, nursing intakes and obtain appropriate orders from the providers as needed.
- Administer, monitor and account for client's medication (send in e-scriptions/refills as needed, complete prior authorizations, monitor drug levels as needed, assess effectiveness).
- Work closely with a collaborative treatment team to provide holistic care to clients.
- Educate clients and staff on safe medication administration and management.
- Effectively manage and monitor acute and chronic disease processes of clients in a residential care setting including first aid and BLS.
- Ability to ambulate stairs and utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) for all documentation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Nurse (LPN) with current licensure in Michigan
- CPR, BLS
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health illnesses and associated treatments.
- Experience in residential, medically managed detox units/programs.
- Communication skills, self-motivation, organizational skills, critical thinking and good decision-making abilities.
Sanford House is a 24-hour residential setting. Flexible schedules and benefits are available.
Please visit the website at https://sanfordhousegr.com to learn more about us and see our facilities!
Job Type: Part-time/Full-Time depending on availability
Pay: $24.00 - $29.00 per hour depending on licensure and experience
Sanford Addiction Treatment Centers is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by Federal, State or local laws.
Optional weekly COVID-19 testing available for all employees. Weekly COVID-19 testing mandatory for patients.