Hand Tools and Measuring Equipment:
- Basic knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of basic hand tools (e.g. wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, scrappers, box cutters).
- The ability to apply inspection techniques (e.g. formalized inspection standards, inspection instructions, best practices) and use inspection tools efficiently.
- The ability to read and use micrometers, functional and cylindrical gauges, compactors, indicator setups, scales.
- Must be able to pass appropriate welder competency testing and requirements.
Attention to Detail:
- The basic ability to accomplish a task for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minor inconsistencies/faults in parts.
Currency with Technology:
- Basic knowledge of current welding technologies.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify or output information.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine, factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
Mechanical Aptitude and Manual Dexterity:
- The position requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands and strong hand-eye coordination.
- General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and how tools could be used on such equipment/machines.
- Steady hands to control size and placement of welds.
Strong Work Ethic:
- The ability and willingness to demonstrate enthusiasm, eagerness, and optimism for work activities. This includes the ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities, to learn and understand company policies and procedures.
Ability to Work Within Safety Guidelines:
- Basic knowledge of and the ability to adhere to department safety rules regarding eye and ear protection, personal protection, hazard labeling, MSDS sheets, evacuation procedures, and emergency phone numbers.
- The ability to define, diagnose, and resolve problems. This includes seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem's cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and prevent its reoccurance within engineering design and with engineering approval.
- The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- Basic ability to perform simple arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Basic awareness of how quality impacts success or the organization including costs to customers, costs of recalls, and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation. This includes taking the necessary steps to ensure quality on a consistent basis and striving for improvement.
- Basic ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to follow work orders efficiently.
- The basic ability to see details (e.g. letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, sugns) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to pass AWS Jaeger J2 visual acuity test.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous tacking and tig welding experience required.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer