Location: Greenville, MI Department: Flow Form
Reports to: Production Team Leader Date: March 2021
The Flow Form Operator is responsible for operating the Flow Forming process and any ancillary equipment needed for the production of flow formed aluminum wheels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows safety rules 100% of the time.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Follows instructions and works to meet daily job assignments and KPI’s.
- Rotates within work area when directed.
- Monitors equipment condition and production quality and ensures all product (whether conforming or non-conforming) is processed in accordance with quality guidelines, customer requirements and the company’s control plan.
- Operates primary and ancillary flow forming equipment.
- Ensures desired production rates are being met
- Coordinates with Technician and maintenance team to correct equipment issues
- Openly communicates with team leader and/or quality regarding concerns
- Completes product tracking logs for various types of product.
- Performs other Relevant work as assigned.
- Ensures environmental controls are operating where needed and reports any leaking air, gas, or water lines and any other incorrectly operating equipment.
- Reduces wasted resources by ensuring defects are caught and fixed early on
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand written documents
- Work safely and follow rules and guidelines for safe work
- Reporting to work on time and with a positive attitude
- Responsible for staying focused on tasks at hand
- Being responsible for work performance and completing tasks throughout the day
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers
- Support a positive and steady workflow through the company
- Works with a sense of urgency when needed
- Support, coach or mentor co-workers when needed
- Positively support change throughout the company
Physical Work Conditions
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must be able to lift and move aluminum wheels of varying weight
- Must be able to lift 50 – 65 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required