With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at . Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
EDM Operator/Machinist (Sign-On Bonus!)
Kennametal has an outstanding opportunity within its Traverse City facility for a 3rd Shift EDM Operator. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and will have long term growth potential.
- Set up and operate EDM machines, including tooling changes and programming of CNC controls
- Preventive maintenance of machinery
- Inspects parts throughout EDM manufacturing process
- Perform troubleshooting of mechanical setup, operation and alignment
- High School Diploma is required
- Minimum of two years' experience in machining
- Individual must be mechanically inclined, demonstrate strong mathematical skills
- Able to adapt to computer interfacing and CNC controlling
- Good communication skills
- Must obtain knowledge of the general Health & Safety procedures of Kennametal Inc.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
Nearest Major Market: Traverse City
Nearest Secondary Market: Northern Michigan
Engineer, Social Media, Machinist, CNC, Equipment Operator, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.