Position: Director of Clinical Operations
Reports To: CEO
Schedule: Full Time Days
Position Location/Department: Directors
Job Summary: The Director of Clinical Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the hospital, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to each individual department
• Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
• Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
• Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets in each department to achieve financial objectives and goals.
• Handles hiring, discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
• Develops educational material, webinars and in-services as requested.
• Accountable in collaboration with the management team to research, develop and implement clinical policies, procedures and best practice standards that support safe and efficient patient care.
• Participates fully in efforts to optimize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology with the goal of establishing efficient workflows for clinical staff.
• Motivate people around new methods and processes and organizational changes.
• Regularly interacts with executives or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
• Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods and processes in order to strive for efficiencies.
• Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Refine processes and instill critical thinking as core skills of team
• Other duties as assigned by manager.