Certified Nursing Assistant
Health & Rehab Center
Porter Hills Village
Shift/Schedule: 6:30am-6:30pm or 6:30pm-6:30am, Full-time 3 shifts/week
Every other weekend and Holiday rotation required
** $1,500 Retention Bonus **
*Must apply prior to 7/31/2021 to be eligible for the Retention Bonus *
The Team Members of UMRC & Porter Hills provide a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program, Uniform Allowance (for specific frontline Team Member positions), Discounted Team Member dining options on-site, annual increase, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Performs patient care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and health staff. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or designee but is independent in the application of nursing knowledge and skills.
Assist residents in the following areas:
- Personal care functions including bathing, skin care, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene and dressing
- Feeding residents
- Turning and positioning residents
- Measuring and recording intake and output
- Weighing residents
- Proper transfer techniques
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment
- Keep residents rooms clean and supplied
- Make and change beds
- Answer call lights and take appropriate action
- Collect and label specimens (urine, stool, sputum)
- Measure and record vital signs, weights and report variations in vital signs to the nurse
- Immediately report any changes in residents condition or incidents to the nurse
- Participate in care conferences with other members of the team as appropriate
- Maintains confidentiality in relation to all residents, healthcare staff and documentation in accordance with policy and state regulations
- Maintains and enhances skill through attending appropriate training
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with older adults, personnel, and support organization.
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be currently certified as a Certified Nurse Aide and have proof of eligibility to work as a CNA in the State of Michigan (Prometric certificate).
- CPR certification is required,
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a direct care role is preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a Retirement Community as a CNA
- UMRC & Porter Hills are federally funded through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Resident and Participant Rights.
- UMRC & Porter Hills provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.