Reports to: Production Supervisor
Location: Muskegon, MI
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating, machine tools, material-handling system and automated lubrication system assuring that equipment and machinery are in proper operating condition to maximize production and minimize down time and general building maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Follows blueprints and specifications and uses hand tools, power tools and precision measuring instruments in repairing and maintaining production machines.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to the problem area using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system using hand tools and power tools by following blueprints, diagrams and service manuals.
- Notifies maintenance department or supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches using hand tools and following diagrams. Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine and measures, cuts, threads and installs new pipe.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment including identification of unsafe conditions. Steel toed shoes and ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields must be worn at all times.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair. May set up and operate metal cutting machine tools to repair/fabricate parts.
- May assist mechanical engineer to modify sketches or compute generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, hydraulics and mechanics and using computer keyboard and software programs.
- May perform diagnosis/repair on low voltage and control circuits (less than 240 VAC).
- May disassemble and assemble electrical wires, connections, conduit, motors, controls, etc. on de-energized machinery/equipment and facility.
- Performs continuous improvement (lean) activities as may be assigned or required.
- Performs other duties and assignments as scheduled and/or required.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a manufacturing environment performing repairs to machinery, including at least one year's experience in plumbing, electrical repair, and air conditioning.
- Must possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with hands and hand tools (welding, wrenches, etc.) in mechanically oriented situation.
- Good working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction and hydraulics.
- Ability to read and write and to follow detailed written instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and move freely about the plant.
What You'll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disable/Veterans