Before you read on, are you sitting down?
Leggett & Platt, Inc., one of the world's largest furniture component manufacturer, is seeking a creative, Product Development Engineer for their Grand Rapids, MI location. We are looking to bring your design-minded and creative capabilities to our team, providing tomorrow's solutions for our Global Customers. Working in our Work Furniture Group, you will get to see your ideas come to life, going from concept to completion, resulting in high-end products. You will get to work in all aspects of office and home furniture design, focusing on mechanism, component and finished furniture designs, just like those that you are sitting in.
What you get to do:
- Take an idea, make it real, and make it useful.
- Work with cross functional groups Globally, to develop solutions using Solidworks, prototypes, 3D Printing, and concept design processes.
- Be the key liaison between customers, designers, sales, and specialized engineers.
- Stay on task and keep projects organized to meet deadlines and document everything along the way.
- Source materials, tools, get quotes for both internal and external customers.
- Use creative techniques to design products that meet our customer's needs.
- Design parts for manufacturing processes including plastic injection molding, aluminum casting, progressive stamping, poured PU foam, MIM, and molded plywood.
We're looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- A Minimum of 3 years of engineering design experience.
- Full life cycle production experience.
- CAD (we use Solidworks) experience with Solid and Surface Modeling.
- Engineering Drawing experience, including tolerancing.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- FEA, and GD&T experience.
- Familiarity with Engineering Documentation (DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP).
- Bonus points if you are knowledgeable with Class A Surface Design or large assembly creation.
Reasons you'll love it here:
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: management incentive bonus, medical, vision, 401(k) with match, and stock plans. tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you'll fit right in. Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. We're not just hiring, we're building a better company.