Company Division Overview:
Tommy Car Wash Systems (“TCWS”) is a team of passionate car wash professionals working to create opportunities for our partners to become the best car wash operators they can be. We provide modular building designs, robust stainless-steel car wash equipment, an advanced Wash Club license plate reader system, the Tommy Transporter belt, high performance wash detergents, and an industry-leading franchise opportunity. At Tommy Car Wash Systems, we have a solution for almost any size operator. Our team has assisted in the development of hundreds of some of the most successful car washes around the world.
The Equipment Installer will be responsible for installing car wash equipment and bringing it into operation. You will work as part of a dynamic team, traveling across the country to install car wash equipment and see it through to completion. The scope of work does not include complex electrical work or complex plumbing work - those are supplied by general contractors. Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
What can Tommy's Offer you?
- Sign on Bonus up to $500
- Project Bonuses
- Bi-annual reviews with potential wage increase
- Travel Incentives
- Growth Opportunity
- Robust Career Pathing Program
- Responsible for installing car wash equipment at construction sites across the country, bringing it into operation
- Unloading trucks, setting and anchoring stainless car wash equipment
- Hooking up pneumatic and hydraulic lines to the equipment per the car wash specific print and drawing
- Welding equipment into place as necessary
- Work as part of an install team, being a team player
- Ability to work hard physically in different environments and be a fast learner
- Conducting warranty work and site upgrades after the car washes are operational
Position Qualifications & Candidate Attributes:
- Prior experience in assembly or construction with a mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to travel 45 weeks/year
- Ability to work in multi-state locations
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time
- Must be a great team player with ability to follow instructions accurately
- Must be able to work in all states
- Problem solving skills
- Experience working in general construction, manufacturing, or similar field
- Ability to weld is a plus
Expected Hours of Work
On average the Team Member will work 50 to 60 hours a week and will work most weekends.
This job operates on a construction site for 90% of the duration of the project. Work hours are from 7:00am - 5:00pm but fluctuate from day to day. This role routinely uses standard construction equipment such as band saws, hammer drill, hand tools, grinders and occasionally a welder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to:
- Go up and down ladders and in and out of 3’ trenches
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and adjust quickly to unforeseen circumstances while keeping safety at the forefront of everything you do
- Able to effectively communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself and exchange information
- Able to move equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Able to work and commute in all weather conditions. Think Florida summers to North Dakota winters.
- Must be able to travel by car, plane, bus, etc.
- Able to walk, bend, twist, turn, stoop, climb steps, reach with hands, use hands to fingers.
Travel to various wash locations around the U.S. for 45 weeks of the year.
- Priority Health Medical Insurance, offer both an HDHP/HSA and HMO Co-Pay plans.
- VSP Vision
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program