The maintenance planner has the primary responsibility of generating work orders and create schedules for upcoming maintenance events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep a schedule of required maintenance and completed work.
- Obtain and schedule the necessary contractors, service providers, tools, and supplies.
- Oversee the scheduling of facilities shutdowns and prepare accordingly.
- Coordinate the completion of vital activities at different time periods of the machines work cycle.
- Maximize equipment availability through most effectively use of planned maintenance.
- Quickly return the equipment to design capability after planned maintenance.
- Review maintenance schedules and production requirements to ensure timely completion fulfillment.
- Collaborate with maintenance manager and operations to ensure optimum productivity and timely completion of work orders.
- Create and implement integrated systems for carrying out work scheduling processes, such as time availability and inventory control, human work factors, and cost analysis, logistics and material flow, and production coordination.
- Ensure the availability of asset and maintenance data to perform the work scheduled.
- Assign and coordinate maintenance process improvement with manufacturing sites.
- Cultivate systems that ensure that maintenance schedules align with production schedules.
- Provide initiatives for continuous production and engineering improvements.
- Collect information from completed tasks and properly document on eMaint to close out work orders.
- Open to a flexible and fluid work environment.
- Support Agency, customer and vendor audits as needed.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
- Perform all other tasks, projects, and duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable about all types of machines and understand the various tools that are specific to each machine to perform maintenance tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Mechanical aptitude and skill in use of engineering instruments and tools.
- Knowledge of GMP standards and ability to follow CFR guidelines.
- Strong ability to multi-task and maintain a schedule.
- Comprehend technical activities quickly; learn new skills and knowledge; excel in learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge as well as business skills.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication and presentations.
- Technical writing knowledge beneficial.
- Energetic, self-motivated, organized individual who is accustomed to working in a deadline-focused, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
- Results oriented and efficient; Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Creative and open-minded individual who fosters an environment in which sharing of ideas is encouraged.
- Portray appropriate levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and staff.
- Ability to work closely with a diverse customer base (internally and externally).
- Ability to work well independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge or skill in working with a CMMS system.
Qualified candidates possess an Associates degree in engineering or technical discipline and 1+year work experience in an FDA regulated environment. May consider other candidates with a strong work history in directly relevant experience and solid references. Inventory control, stocking, storeroom experience; CMMS experience.
GRAM supports Equal Opportunity Employment