Ethel's Baking Company
Packaging and Production Team Member
As a Production and Packaging Team member, you will perform all duties and responsibilities for the packaging and production of Ethel's Baking Company products. Your duties will include cutting, placing, packaging, mixing, scooping, spreading and baking all bakery products. As a team player, you will support the Director of Plant Operations while maintaining all food safety standards. Maintaining a positive attitude and ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to team members, suppliers, accounts and customers.
Perform all duties related to baking, sanitation, and stocking of raw materials.
* Maintain, organize, stock and rotate received materials.
* Maintain accurate daily production logs.
* Mix, lift, scoop, spread, weigh, bake, glaze, package and clean to ensure consistency in daily production.
* Communicate daily production improvements, needs and concerns with Production Lead.
* Ensure accuracy and attention to details in all areas, including measuring, labeling, batch dating and dating of all products.
* Maintain and continually clean an organized workstation.
* Assist with monthly inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
* Follow and comply with established procedures, including recipe systems, weighing and measuring, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
* Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
*** This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Leadership may assign other duties not listed here.
* Ability to report to work on time, follow the provided production schedule and to prioritize tasks.
* Strong communication, organizational skills and math skills
* Ability to take direction and follow directions/processes.
* Ability to work efficiently and communicate with others as a part of a team.
* Ability to learn proper and safe usage of gas cook top, commercial ovens, mixers, bar cutter, labeling machines and any other equipment necessary for bakery operations.
* Maintain a clean and neat appearance
* Available for flexible scheduling, including weekends, to meet the needs of the department.
* Willing to accept new responsibilities for growth.
* Ability to perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
* Willing to assist others in areas as needed.
* Participate in all company meetings.
* Follow company policies and procedures at all times
**Essential Job Functions**
* To be on your feet for extended periods, up to a twelve (12) hour shift.
* Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
* The ability to lift often, daily 60 pound bags or cases. Push and pull carts weighing 100+ pounds.
* Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation
* Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
* Protect all company assets and equipment