If you are interested in a long-term career with a well-established, growing organization consisting of a team of skilled and dedicated employees, you should consider an opportunity at Trans-Matic. We provide a full benefits package including medical/Rx, dental, vision, flex, life insurance, EAP, 401k with match, profit sharing program, vacation, tuition assistance, and much more.
Trans-Matic Manufacturing Company is an industry leader in deep drawn metal stampings, progressive die stampings and value added assembly solutions. We have 53 years of experience in deep drawn metal stamping with three locations providing solutions to customers here in the U.S. and around the world. We serve the automotive, lock hardware, compressor, appliance, fire prevention, medical, pharmaceutical, and plumbing markets. Please check us out online at www.transmatic.com.
This person will develop, troubleshoot, and maintain all tooling and production press equipment. He/she will work closely with other departments and other tool and die makers to maintain high press efficiency and high part quality.
- Troubleshoot presses to maintain production.
- Setup jobs to run production to standards.
- Update tool books and required process paperwork.
- Maintain and improve part quality.
- Promote safety and housekeeping.
- Assist in machine preventative maintenance and identify maintenance problems.
- Report tooling problems to work team or team leaders when appropriate.
- Maintain tooling and equipment according to Trans-Matic standards.
- Assist in developing new tooling/prototypes as needed.
- Work aggressively towards setup time reduction.
- Work as an effective team member.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- A journeyman's card as an eyelet tool & die maker or equivalent experience.
- Background in the metal forming industry.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent mechanical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Educated and experienced in Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Problem Solving.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to operate Crane equipment.