The Machine Operator is essential in operating various machinery to tap, ream, form, sand, spot weld and/or rivet components to help your production team be successful.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three months experience operating manufacturing machinery such as welders, riveters, grinders, tappers, or other assembly machinery
- An excellent work record, including attendance
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Operators are responsible for owning a set of approved calipers and micrometers
What are some of the duties?
- Read, understand, and complete all production paperwork, including inspection check sheets, quality alerts, and standard work instructions in the job books.
- Follow set-up instructions when operating machines. Support activities in the change-over process.
- Read, follow, and complete tags.
- Use work scheduling system to proficiently start jobs, print labels, load components and raw materials, and close out jobs.
- Operate machines and/or presses to process parts via standard instructions, consistently maintaining appropriate production levels.
- Troubleshoot machines to ensure both part quality and maximum production levels.